Thursday, July 2, 2009

This little piggy went to the market

This morning my dad, Larissa and I (my mom isn't feeling well and Nicholas is in Acapulco with a friend) walked to a little cafe for breakfast. We had enchiladas verdes, huevos al albanil, molletes, cafe de olla, and fresh squeezed orange juice. The walk was about two miles each way - so we worked the meal off and I don't feel too guilty for over-indulging :)

Usually when I'm in Mexico I have someone new to the country with me, so I keep pretty busy showing them around. This time it's just me and the family, so it's been nice to have some down time. We spent time at home and then Larissa and I (don't we look like sisters?) went to the market place to pick up supplies for dinner.


For dinner we made carne enchilada (my absolute favorite) with fresh salsa, sour cream, avacado, refried beans, and tortillas. There's so much to love about Mexico, but the food is by far the most amazing part.

I'm having a good time - relaxing and spending some quality time with my family. I do miss my best girls, jb and Talula, and I so wish they could be here with me. Hopefully we'll find a way to take a family vacation soon.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember when you said you were jealous that lu and i got to go to the nside farmers' market?

    also, on your walk, did the people part like for moses? or did you ruin your dad's mojo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm so hungry! the pictures are great! keep em comin

    ReplyDelete