- Visited Muffy and N8 in Korea for a full 10 days!
- The G20 was in town - which was the inspiration for the best party we've ever attended!
- I returned to Sonoma, CA for the final installment of the the Rockwood Fellowship.
- My job tried to get me to quit by saying the only way they could afford to keep me was if I took a 30% paycut, title demotion and moved back to DC - in two weeks. I called my union rep who gave them hell - then they laid me off with three months notice, but the terms of my layoff were that I had to serve out my last three months in the DC office, but they would not provide a hotel or cover expenses for travel (again I believe this was so that I quit and they wouldn't have to pay my severance). I did it - back and forth between pgh and DC for three months on the couches of very gernerous friends. Ha. I'd almost forgotton how thoroughly that sucked.
- Completed training to become a Doula
- Went on my last official work trip (a UCP in Rochester, NY)
- Visited my family in Mexico for two weeks!
- jb and I thoroughly enjoy the summer weather - Farm tours, outdoor concernts, movies in the park, soccer games, farmers markets etc.
- I attend my first birth as a doula
- The three musketeers (jb, daniel and myself) have a "last hurrah!" birthday blow-out at the Andy Warhol museum on my birthday - Open bar!!
- I make some (not-so) extra cash giving Spanish lessons and picking up some babysitting gigs
- WE FIND OUT WE ARE PREGNANT!!!
- My former job has their convention in Pittsburgh - it's really nice to see former co-workers, board members and chapter leaders (at least the ones that didn't have a part in making my life miserable for several months) and we cater a big event for the convention
- Hoi Polloi starts to pick up catering business more and more
- We finally get the living room into livable condition
- My family is all living in the same city for the first time in two years! We are all able to go to Cincinatti for Thanksgiving and spend Christmas together!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
2009 is coming to a close - and we've got a pretty exciting year ahead of us! Time for the annual year in review post. (You can also check out the 2007 and 2008 posts.)