Thursday, February 4, 2010

Growth Spurt

So the beginning of this pregnancy was slow in the weight gain department (which is great since I started out overweight), in fact I only gained 2 lbs. throughout the first 22 weeks. Of course, the pace has picked up - and I could feel it coming on - this baby is going through a major growth spurt. My belly doubled in size, moving around has gotten slightly more challenging, I've been really tired the last week or two, and I've been eating everything in sight. Luckily, I've also been working out regularly, so I don't feel too bad about my recent weight gain (and the midwife said it was perfectly fine), but it was still shocking to see the numbers on the scale. I gained 11 lbs. in four weeks! That's just nuts.

The midwife also said that the baby is going through the fastest growth at this point in pregnancy - in fact, if the baby continued to grow at this rate s/he would weigh 200 lbs. by his/her first birthday!

I also can't believe that we hit the "viability" mark. It still would not be good news if we were to go into early labor, but we've hit the point where if the baby were born there would be a 50% chance of survival. Wow.

In non-baby news: jb got a job!! It's a part-time position at a great non-profit and she'll be starting in a couple weeks. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. wha-wha-whaat!? thats awesome about jessica! congrats!!
    and i'm so happy that the baby news is so possitive

    i love you!!

    ReplyDelete