Speaking of our child, Leo is turning ten months tomorrow. Double digits. Up until now I've snapped at anyone who implied that he was "almost" a year old - but today I did the unthinkable; I reserved a pavilion at the park in my parents' neighborhood for a birthday party. It really does go by so fast.
So what's new?
- I had a moms' night out with the moms from our playgroup. jb and Leo got some alone time while I went out for pizza and beer. When it was all said and done, I was gone less than three hours, but it was the longest Leo and I have been apart yet.
- Leo is dancing more and more. He bends his knees and maybe waves his arms, but it's mostly in the head. Rolling it around or shaking it back and forth.
- Leo is a hungry hungry hippo. He woke up a few days ago and couldn't get enough to eat - and he hasn't stopped since. It's intense! He is pretty good about eating what we feed him, but if he does decide he doesn't want something he will eject it from his mouth. He doesn't refuse the bite, he doesn't make a yucky face, he doesn't give any warning - he just ejects it from his mouth with his tongue and if we try again he will eject it again. Uncle Nick says it's like when a vending machine won't take a dollar - which is the perfect description.
- He's blowing bubbles with his drool. He closes, then slowly opens his mouth. Then he makes a small noise to blow a bit of air making a bubble.
- Leo had his nine month pediatrician appointment. He's holding steady at eight teeth. He shot up to the 75th percentile for height (from 50th) and dropped down to the 25th percentile for weight (from 50th). There is a little bit of concern about his weight, but it's possible it's just that he hasn't caught up from the stomach flu he had. Overall, looking good.