Wednesday, July 27, 2011

peek-a-boo

baby blur
The most exciting news around here is that my mom is coming to visit!  Leo hasn't seen Abi in over a month so he is really going to be in for a treat.  And Abi won't believe he is the same baby who was barely taking a tentative step or two.

He will have to show her all his new tricks - and his new found  love of the curtains.  He uses them to play peek-a-boo for what seems like forever.  I love that since his feet usually stick out you can see his toes twitching with anticipation before he pops out.  He also just likes to sit under/inside them (like a fort).  He will take a toy behind the curtain, make sure I can't see him and play by himself for a while. 




In other news, we've been eating really well.  We picked up a CSA this week because friends of ours are out of town and offered us their share (how nice is that?).  Leo has been averaging two peaches a day (and ate one before we even got home from picking them up) and is enjoying trying some new foods.


I sauteed these greens (honestly I have no idea what they are - I just know they aren't spinach or kale...) in some butter and lemon and he surprised me by cleaning his plate.  And of course a peach for dessert. 

5 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I'm sure your mom will be shocked at how much he's grown and changed. They change so quickly at that age.

    Enjoy your "greens"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/27/2011

    He's such a cutie. How I'd love to cuddle him; he's a little doll.

    Looks like Swiss chard you have there. Yum! Just the way you fixed it is th

    Kathy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/27/2011

    Oops, something went wrong. What I was attempting to say above is that the way you prepared it is the most delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. smile smile smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see him!!

    ReplyDelete