I'm always on the lookout for a great lunch spot and a great deal and when I find a place that offers both - well, it's a good day.
Mizu is a little sushi spot on 40th (near Chestnut) that has a fantastic lunch special: four half-rolls of sushi and miso soup for $8.95 (this deal is also good on the weekends).
- Generous portions of decent sushi for an affordable price.
- Lots of veggie choices and brown rice option.
- BYO (if you're into that sort of thing)
- Casual feel and quick service
- The sushi is fine. Not spectacular - but absolutely does the trick.
- No highchairs. (Leo had his first restaurant chair experience)
- Mostly Take-out; Just a few chairs and tables in the small dining area. I don't mind this, but it's not heavy on the ambiance.
|All this could be yours for just $8.95|
I was pleasantly surprised that Leo not only ate a fair amount of sushi, that that he stayed in the chair for the duration of the meal. Overall a success.