We've got another great year under our belt. A lot has happened - parenting has kept us on our toes and taught us plenty of lessons. All the efforts we've been putting into parenting and creating traditions has begun to show as Leo is starting to really "get" the specialness of holidays, trips, and time with family. Here are some of the major milestones of this past year:
- Leo turned one year and had an awesome picnic birthday party
- Leo had a lot of major firsts: first steps, first words, first potty
- We conceived our June Bug
- Three of jb's brothers got an apartment together just a few short blocks away
- Leo and I went to Mexico TWICE - and jb even joined us for a week!
- We spent a couple days in Harrisburg for a march/rally that jb helped organize
- We accompanied jb on a work trip to DC (and Leo went to the zoo for the first time)
- Leo's first (and SECOND) trip to the ocean
- jb started a new job
- jb and I have enjoyed several date evenings (but no overnights) away from Leo. Each time he has stayed with family.
- jb and I celebrated a decade together
And next? We are on the verge of another major life change as we prepare to welcome a second baby into our family. We are about to go from having a baby - to having KIDS. Plural. Whoa.
I'm feeling really good about life. Past, present and future. Here's hoping we can stay on this path and that more good stuff is coming our way.