Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Two Things

First: We took Zoe to the ER at the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh today because apparently she didn't dodge the cold that Leo and I had. She's been coughing and sneezing (it is just the most pathetic thing you've ever heard) and when her temperature hit 100.5 I called our pediatrician who strongly suggested we take her to Children's to rule out a serious infection. We had a great experience at the hospital and were in and out fairly quickly with a diagnoses of the common cold. Better safe than sorry.

Second: At 10:30 pm Leo woke up wanting a glass of milk. When I informed him that we were out of milk he began crying and generally throwing a tantrum. Abi overheard and offered to go get some milk but I assured her that he could wait until tomorrow. After a bit more crying I convinced him to settle for a glass of water. Just as I was about to tuck him back in, Abi comes in with a cup of milk (that she had run out to procure). Even though I wasn't convinced it was necessary, I couldn't deny how happy it clearly made him. He smiled a wide sleepy smile and said a very genuine "thanks!!" Then he commented throughout the entire time he was drinking it: "This is really good. It's very fresh. It's cold. It's cold and good. I like this milk. I like fresh milk. This is so good." I guess that's what Abi's are for.

2 comments:

  1. I see there is a steep competition for favorites around here... I'll be over with a cow on hand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, what the heck. i'll be out of a job before you guys even come back to philly.

    ReplyDelete