1. Fresh Flowers - Leo and jb make a semi-regular habit of picking up a small bouquet of flowers for me. I love that it's their little tradition. I love how special and loved it makes me feel. I love how much it can brighten our kitchen. Hand picked wildflowers, store bought arrangements, and hard-to-kill houseplants all work.
2. Painted Nails - The cost of the polishes is not the indulgence on this one (I'm all about the generic brands), it's more about the time. Having painted nails is a reminder that I took some time for myself. That is of course until it's a reminder that I took time for myself two weeks ago and haven't been able to find the time since to unpaint my growing out and chipped polish - that's a different post.
3. Big Bathroom - After having lived with several TINY bathrooms where I could barely turn around, much less apply lotion or dress comfortably, it's SO nice to have a bathroom with some breathing room. The biggest perk currently is that there is room for a bouncy seat which has meant that I could pee without a baby on my lap and even shower without worry. jb jokes that we could install stadium seating in case we have more kids - I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe a shelf for towels.
|My View While Peeing - Stadium seating is the next move|
5. Kitchen Space - COUNTERS! For the first time EVER, we actually have enough counter space for more than one person to work in the kitchen comfortably. This also means more cabinet space - which means an easier to organize and keep tidy kitchen. Which brings me to possibly my favorite - splurging on a couple obscure kitchen gadgets. In the past we didn't have the room to store things that we didn't use often - now we have an extra drawer for seasonal or occasional use items - like cookie cutters or pancake molds.
6. Magazine Subscriptions - This, again, is more a luxury of time. I use our RecycleBank points to get free subscriptions to magazines - but the real luxury comes in the sitting down to leaf through them.
7. Latte - Ok, this expense adds up if I'm not careful. Especially now that my perpetual sidekick wants a "Little Boy Coffee" whenever we stop at a cafe - but those few dollars really can turn my whole day around, so most of the time I consider it money well spent.
What splurges or amenities make you feel rich?