Saturday, June 14, 2014

Salon Leo

These day's Leo's favorite game to play is salon.  I, too, am a fan because it is a game I can play with him while seated and sometimes even while doing something else (like nursing Zoe or flipping through a magazine).  He started out a little rough, digging the comb into my scalp and with little regard for my poor ears, but these days he give a decent comb out.  More so than his actual hair styling skills, though, I'm impressed with his aptitude for hairdresser chit chat.  We've had some great chats, most of them driven by his own insightful questions.  Here are my top favorite Leo salon quotes:
  1. "So, how was your class?" - He always starts with a question that shows a genuine interest in the client...of course.
  2. "Sometimes when something is difficult we have to keep working at it." - He randomly drops these pearls of wisdom in his beauty shop advice.
  3. "You can't make your saloner laugh so hard!" - He calls himself a "saloner" and butters me up by making me feel hilarious.  Fishing for a tip, perhaps?
  4. "Just so you know, nursing is allowed in this salon.  You can nurse your baby while I salon you." - This in response to Zoe asking to nurse (which she does every time she sees me seated).
  5. "I'm glad you came it today, this is a mess." - Just in case it's not clear how much I need him, he let me know I can't be left to my own devices when it comes to my hair.  I can't say I disagree.
If I could just teach Zoe to give a good mani-pedi, I'll be set.  

No comments:

Post a Comment