Saturday, October 13, 2007

Escargot, Quiche, and a Mimosa

I was up very late and again very early with writers' block trying to put together remarks for this morning's plenary. (Thank you JB for continuing you secret career as a speech writer and helping me.) In the end it all came together and it turned out to be a great panel. I joined Clayola Brown, Maria Somma, and Gwen Johnson on the panel focusing on diversity and everyone was fantastic - but Clayola especially, as always, was hilarious, passionate and right on target. Immediately following our panel, Rep. John Conyers spoke about his universal healthcare bill.

I had lunch at Mon Ami Gabi in Paris. I'd heard that Paris has some of the best restaurants on the strip, so I'm glad I got to try one before my trip was over. My flight home leaves at 5:30 (yay!). I'm so ready to return home and sleep in my bed and in my true love's arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment