Wednesday, January 9, 2008

And then there was one

I have good news and I have bad news. Which do you want first? The bad news? Ok - the bad news is that we are down to only one kitten. On the bright side, the good news is that we are down to only one kitten.

Two of the kittens and the mom are ready for adoption and they stayed at the humane society after our last vet appointment. I was really sad to see them go, but our home could certainly use the break. When they first arrived they were so small - they would wobble around for a little while and then nap for hours. Well, a couple of weeks ago they hit their troublemaker age and it just seemed like there were kittens EVERYWHERE! On my pant leg, in the curtains, balancing on the edge of the turtle tank, under my feet... When we tried to go to sleep we would hear them bounding from one end of the house to the other. And my plants - oh my poor plants. Apparently kittens have a deep rooted hate for all plants. They chew them, scratch them, climb them, dig them up, pee in the big ones, and knock over the little ones. They were driving me insane - luckily they were also adorable. I hope they all find good homes with lots of cuddling.

I finally managed to set up my "vanity" in my bedroom. On my side of the bed is the window wall of our bedroom - which we've dressed with lovely sheer curtains. To the left of the windows I put up a mirror that I painted to match our accent wall and a glass shelf. The shelf hold all my "lady" products and earrings and the mirror has hooks where I hung my necklaces. The mirror was put up with mighty putty (it finally came!) and the shelf is held up with gorilla glue (I tried the mighty putty, but it just ended up pulling the plaster our of the wall. To the left of my new beautifying area I hung the piece I painted on one of the wooden shelves of our old closet. Now I just need to organize the rest of our bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment