Saturday, March 28, 2009

More Lamb Than Lion

It's been a really lovely March. Warm enough to feel like spring is springing - but brisk enough to keep our sweaters out. It's perfect weather for long walks with lu and we've been taking advantage of the nearby trails. Talula loves walking along the river and chasing the geese - but we have to be careful to not walk too far (like the day we crossed the bridge to Point Park and played pooh sticks) or else we end up having to carry her home.

I've been without a computer for the last couple weeks - my work computer died and it took a while to order the replacement. It just arrived yesterday and it's so fancy. I'm still getting used to it, but so far so good.

Next week I'll be heading to CA for the final retreat of the Rockwood leadership fellowship. It's going to be held in Sonoma (Wine country!) at Westerbeke - which is where I attended the first installment of the fellowship (Art of Leadership for women working in racial justice). It's a beautiful location and I'm really looking forward to seeing my co-fellows again - but the thing I'm looking forward to most is the food. The chef is amazing and gets most ingredients (from produce to meats) at local Sonoma farms. There are always phenomenal vegetarian options and everything is so delicious it's impossible to not overeat.

I'll be back on Friday and hopefully there will be plenty of this amazing spring weather left to enjoy. Spring and Fall are my absolute favorite times of year - when you don't need heat or airconditioning and being outside is just as comfortable as being inside. Larissa was nice enough to lend me her bike until she gets back - so I'm hoping to make the most of my outside time.

3 comments:

  1. ooo, the weather sounds divine!
    ps. wear a helmet, SAFETY FIRST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, the weather sounds divine!
    ps. remember to wear a helmet! safety first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a graceful competitor. no bragging about kicking my dupa in pooh sticks?

    ReplyDelete