Friday, June 26, 2009

Sum-sum-summertime

I have been enjoying this summer so much. The weather has been really great - warm, but still cooling down at night and there are so many great outdoor things happening. Talula is thrilled that she gets to go on more frequent and longer walks and tag along on more outings.

jb's soccer game cheering section is expanding - this week Daniel and Talula both joined me. Talula could only have been happier if I let her run around on the field with jb during the game.


I've been making lots of summery meals with fresh ingredients from our garden and the farmers' market. After the success of my fresh basil pesto, I made some fresh spring rolls with field greens, basil, mint, shredded carrot, cucumber and shrimp with a creamy dipping sauce. I also tackled some rosemary-lemon chicken - which while time consuming, was totally worth it.


This evening jb and I packed a picnic and headed to Schenley Plaza for WYEP's Summer Music Festival. We feasted on chicken salad, bagel chips, grapes, nuts, cucumber/tomato/avacado salad, jalapeno/cilantro hummus, and peanut butter cookies. I also packed my famous white-sangria (which is just pineapple juice, lime juice, and chardonnay - shhhh). It was a perfect evening. The sun set slowly as we enjoyed the music and we ran into several friends and neighbors. Dar Williams played a short set - which was the main reason we went - but the whole thing was so much fun (and totally romantic).


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like such a lovely summer! I have to admit... i'm super jealous!!

    ReplyDelete