Wednesday, December 9, 2009

veggie lover


I'm currently 17 and a half weeks pregnant and our monkey is about the size of a turnip. Lots of exciting things are happening in there, but the most amazing development in my opinion is that the monkey can hear what's going on out here. I love that the baby is hearing my and jb's voices and getting a glimpse of the world s/he will be born into. (I'm doing my best to ensure monkey is born a Beatles fan' - no way jb is getting the edge on this issue.)

As for me, I'm feeling great, like really great. I'm not sure if I just have a whole new appreciation for feeling good or if I'm really feeling better than I ever have before. I'm trying to get back to the gym regularly now that I don't have constant nausea and exhaustion as an excuse. This also means that I need to get in gear around the house. I've never been a meticulous housekeeper, but over the last few months I've let even the most basic upkeep slide. The cold is getting me down a little, but the combination of hot cocoa, jb cuddles, and Talula snuggling up right next to me under the blanket on the couch make it bearable.

The money situation is still pretty bleak, but we're keepin' on keepin' on. I've been doing a lot of babysitting - which certainly isn't a windfall, but helps a little and keeps me busy. There's really not that much more to say about it, I suppose. It sucks. But really, that's my only complaint these days, so I guess we're pretty lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment