Sunday, May 30, 2010

Two Weeks

This week started out not so great. On Sunday Leo and I had our first breastfeeding marathon. Rather than eat for about an hour then sleep for a couple hours he insisted on eating for more than twelve hours straight. Luckily we had turned a corner at this point in our breastfeeding relationship, so it wasn't excruciating. On Sunday night/early Monday morning I woke up with severe chills. I was shaking and my teeth were chattering. I bundled up under our down comforter and woke up a few hours later drenched in sweat and with a 103 degree temperature. That morning I went into the hospital for our midwife to check me out and she decided to treat me for a uterine infection. So the first part of the week is kind of a feverish haze. I'm feeling much better now.

We had a visit from our friends L and P and they came bearing tiny clothes that P has grown out of and I got my mommy chat fix. We also had a visit from Aya who was our back-up doula and who has been a friend since jb and I met.

jb went back to work this week and missed us very much.

Leo visited with family; here he is with Abi. jb and I love holding him, but it is really nice when family holds him for a bit and we can both have our hands free at the same time.

We continued getting to know each other and trying to work out a schedule. Thanks to the wonder that is side-lying nursing we have a bedtime and manage to get a few chunks of sleep at night.


We visited the ladies at my Friday yoga class. Our trip to the farmers' market got rained out. We took a few walks and visited the park.


And Uncle Jared made a surprise visit!!


We were able to debut the gorgeous quilt that our neighbor Erin made for Leo.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful,Beautiful, Beautiful!!!
    I miss babies - I don't miss the sleepless nights, the puke, the crying, the waking up in the middle of the night to watch them breath - alright I sort of miss that.
    And I really miss the wiggle chin cry!
    You may be tired, sore and in lots of pain but that beautiful miracle is all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all adorable! Wow - you have been busy! Sounds like you mastered the art of breastfeeding pretty fast! Love the pics if you all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/31/2010

    Hi, found you thru Lisa's blog, and just wanted to congratulate you on your beautiful little boy! You just gotta love 'poo pics.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just about the most beautiful creature ever! And jb makes a gorgeous daddy, I love all the photos of her and little Leo. What a beautiful family you have :)

    ReplyDelete