I started with the whole wheat pizza dough that I've been raving about. I had a little left over, so I rolled out the little ball that was left making a baby-size pizza (extra points for cuteness). Then I made a topping mixture of:
- Finely Chopped Broccoli: about 3/4 cup
- Yogurt: about two tablespoons
- Mushed Peas Babyfood: about a tablespoon (We have a ton of this stuff since we bought a bunch and he never really ate much pureed food so I try and mix it in with whatever I can)
- Mozzarella Cheese: a small handful
- Garlic Powder: a couple shakes
I mixed it all up in a bowl and spread it over the dough and baked it at 500 degrees for around 10 minutes.
Leo loved it. He couldn't get enough. He ate a whole (baby-sized) slice along with some grapes for lunch. It kept great in the fridge for a couple days and reheated in the toaster oven super quick. It even got Uncle Daniel's seal of approval (I think he dove in before he realized I'd used a yogurt/peas sauce).
The one warning I will leave you with (which I was not prepared for) is that your baby will have garlic breath. It caught me completely off guard that my sweet baby's breath didn't smell of sweet cream and fruit - but of garlic! It's still way better than adult garlic breath, but it seems so grown-up.