Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Summer Bucket List


With Spring springing all around us, my mind is full of all the awesome warm weather things I want to do. Between getting to share these fun things with Leo and getting to know our new city better I'm positively giddy with excitement. To ensure I can stay focused and pack in as many of these things as possible before the season kicks the bucket, I'm compiling a list. Any excuse to make a list, right?


  • Cherry blossoms
  • Picnics (we've already gotten a few in, but I'd like to eat outdoors regularly while weather allows)
  • Outdoor concerts
  • Swimming
  • Festivals (PIFA and Three Rivers)
  • Outdoor movies
  • Try some proper Philadelphia water ice
  • Scenic hike
  • Play fountain (the kind that sprays up from the ground and kids run around in)
  • Zoo
  • Beach
  • Baseball game
  • Fireworks
  • Kayaking (does anyone know of any baby safe options? There was a great place near our house in Pittsburgh that rented kayaks in a shallow man-made lake)
  • Camping
  • Farmers' Market
  • Smith Playground
This is a working list that I'm sure will grow as the season progresses, but it's a good start. Anything obvious missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment