Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Queer TTC Interview - Any Questions?

I didn't talk much about trying to conceive on this blog when we were planning for Leo.  It was a huge part of our lives for so (too) long - but I didn't want to write about it because it was surrounded with a lot of pain and heartache and I like to keep my writing here positive and focusing on the good in our lives.  

Of course, I've always felt like it was kind of a missing puzzle piece to our story here.  Recently a new website approached me about sharing out TTC story and I shared some of our journey - you can read that interview here: http://itsconceivablenow.com/2011/09/13/sandra-jb/

So that's a beginning.  Now that there's some distance from that journey and we are lucky enough to have an amazing toddler in our lives I'm open to talking more about how we got here.  I'm sure some of you have some questions.  Perhaps you've been too polite to ask.  Well, here's an invitation - I'm welcoming questions you might have about how we became parents.  Any respectful and reasonable questions - I'm game for answering them.  You can leave a question in the comments or e-mail me and I'll put together a post doing my best to honestly answer. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. I'm sorry it was so tough to conceive. It took us two years as well, and we ended up doing IVF--it was covered by my insurance. I wondered if fresh sperm would've made the difference. How awesome that it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you made it through ttc and are here with Leo. It took us 2.5 years and both of us trying. So hard and so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9/20/2011

    I know exactly what you mean when you say "I wish I would have know that one day we would have the family we were dreaming of."

    When we were deep in the trenches of TTC #1, I longed for a glimpse of my future family to keep me going.

    ReplyDelete