My favorite thing about this recipe is that to make it, it only requires three ingredients and dirties three dishes. Easy to make, easy to clean up after, and always a hit. That's my kind of recipe.
Based on this recipe, I added a few tablespoons of Grandma Hoerner's Cranberry Walnut Chutney to compliment the cheese.
8 oz. brie
1 - 8 oz. canister of crescent rolls
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a loaf pan with crescent roll dough. Lay a rectangle (or two connected triangles) in the bottom of the pan and line the sides with the remaining triangles making sure the straight edges are all facing the same direction. Press dough seams together to seal.
3. Thinly slice off the rind of the cheese (optional) then slice wedge of cheese in half and arrange on the dough.
4. Spoon chutney over cheese spreading evenly.
5. Fold flaps of dough over cheese and chutney and press seams to seal.
6. Bake for 25 minutes - until golden brown on top.
7. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve Warm.
I don't usually post pictures of my dirty dishes - but count 'em. Three. The loaf pan. The cheese knife. And the tablespoon for the chutney. That's it!