Tuesday, January 22, 2008

From the banks of the Mississippi to the Banks of the Allegheny

I'm finally and thankfully back home. I rounded out my trip to Memphis with a trip to the Lorraine Motel/National Civil Rights Museum where Dr. King was shot. The museum was intense and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go. Then I headed over to Beale St. to get some BBQ and fried green tomatoes at one of the blues clubs.

Yesterday jb picked me up from the airport and we went to the Queer dinner at the Gypsy Cafe. We were both pretty tired, but it is always a good time at these dinners. I even got a tarot card reading. The best part of the day by far, though was getting into my own bed and snuggling to sleep.

I have today off since I worked over the weekend. No big plans for the day beyond drinking hot cocoa and wearing sweatpants. It is cold and snowing out and I've got no reason to leave the house. Works out well.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm a day of relaxation!!! how wonderful! ENJOY! we need to go see the bodies exhibit!

    ReplyDelete