Saturday, January 9, 2010

Picking Up The Spare

Last night we had the closest we've ever had to a complete sibling night! Sadly, Chris couldn't be there since he had to work, but everyone else made it out for a night of bowling. On jb's side there was Julian, Daniel and (the ever elusive) Jared. Representing my side of the family we had Nick, Larissa, and Muffy. We played one side of the family vs. the other side of the family and boys against girls (which really just meant trading jb for Nick) - there was never a shortage of trash talk and I do believe a good time was had by all.

This past week has been busy because jb's family celebrates Christmas on January 7th, so we've been spending time with Jared (who is in from Delaware) watching football, attending church, exchanging gifts, and baking Russian Tea Cakes. The boys got us a joint gift of a highchair - which is just the cutest thing ever. I can just picture them picking it out :) Also - the monkey gave jb it's own present - she was finally able to feel a kick! I *may* have helped the process along a little by laying on my stomach on top of jb's hand in order the get the monkey to squirm - but hey, it worked.

In other monkey news, it's also been a big week. We set up the crib - which we were lucky enough to have been handed-down by some generous neighbors. We got our first batch of diapers - a bunch of small prefolds - also hand-me-downs, from a different generous neighbor. Hand-me-downs are the absolute greatest! And we attended our first Hypnobabies class - which I'm equal parts totally excited and skeptical about.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't hand-me-downs the best!?

    I'd love to hear more about the hupnobabies class. I did the home study course. Well, I bought the home study course - I only made it through lesson two. I really liked the affirmations track, I listened to that one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooooo fun! i love my burgan-telep siblings!

    ReplyDelete