Saturday, February 6, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside

We had a big winter snowstorm. Like big-big. We haven't seen this much snow since our romantic Cleveland getaway. The roads are pretty bad, but it was a gorgeous day for a walk. So Talula and I set out on our daily walk to the park. We walked in the middle of the street for most of the way there.
Once we got to the park we had to brave the unshoveled sidewalk to get to the entrance. We almost gave up at this point - Talula had to leap most of the way. If you watch the video you'll see that at first she keeps turning back to me seeming to ask, "really? I should keep going?"



In a well-timed coincidence, another one of our many generous neighbors offered to loan me her maternity coat and just dropped it off for me yesterday. This is a big relief because I've had to choose between breathing comfortably (and leaving the bottom half of my coat open - brrr) or having a warm tummy (and forcing my coat to button over this baby bump I'm growing). I think the buttons on that coat were on the verge of popping off all together, so I'm especially grateful for this coat which is super warm and still has room for some more tummy growth.


I'm so glad we didn't get discouraged and turn back because once we got into the park (which had fairly clear walkways) it was just breath-taking. I love our neighborhood, and I love that we can walk to this park. This park is a pretty big part of our lives. We go there nearly every day and each season brings something to look forward to. The lake hosts kayakers in the summer and ice-skaters in the winter. We picnic under the trees and watch their leaves change. Today's walk through the park was extra special. It was so quiet and bright - even with many of our neighbors sledding and having snowball fights - it felt like we were the only people (or well, person and puppy) for miles.




3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The pictures are amazing...it looks like a phenomenal walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Those park photos are breathtaking! Makes me miss living in the North. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pictures are really so great. and i love that you've used one for your banner. a little jealous that i couldn't join you ladies ... we would've had many more (though not as lovely, i'm sure) shots of the monkey bump and new coat!

    ReplyDelete